Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Recovery

I am happy to say that my recovery from the weekends exertions is going well and I think I may be back on my bike this evening for a little spin if I can arrange it.
Last night I decided to have an evening of indulgence to celebrate not feeling any guilt about not training so we had a barbecue. Our old barbecue bit the dust at the end of last summer having been very cheap and living outside in the wet Danish summer were not a good combination. MK had an appointment with the midwife so she was home early and went out to get us a new grill and here it is.

We have gone up in the world and are now proud owners of the smallest and cheapest Weber grill money can buy. A full 37cm or 14½ inches of grilling pleasure.

Given the cost of the next model up and the massive cost of the super deluxe outdoor kitchen things, this is like buying a BMW kids bike and then claiming to have a BMW.

Anyway, it worked well, I burned the sausages, didn't overcook the steak and thoroughly enjoyed my first beer in as long as I can remember. Well I enjoyed all three of the, really!
Firemen don't sit on sofas apparently becuase the back of the hat gets in the way...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:35 pm

    Firemen take off their hats before sitting on any chair with a high back, silly.
    m

    ReplyDelete