Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Commuting by bike


Oh yes the bike related posts continue.

I had a lovely commute to the office on my bike today. The bike is for sale which made riding it nicer than usual as I have never really got comfortable on this one. The sun was shining, there was plenty of pollen in the air and I got a healthy dose of intellectual Radio 4 documentary podcasts to occupy my mind.

There was a slight increase in stress levels when I realised that I had left my keys at home. I called MK (whilst riding - is this legal?) and asked her to bring them with her and meet me en-route, but then changed my mind as it was a big detour for her and a waste of time. In the end I had to ask my boss to meet me and let me in in my cycling gear so that I could shower and change. The next issues was that I had to hide my bike somewhere since I can't lock it up. It is under some stairs and well out of sight so I think it will be OK in this trust worthy country...

The final annoyances came when i realised that I have forgotten my wallet so I will have to borrow some cash for lunch and my watch battery died on the way to work.

OK that is a lot of complaining, but I really enjoy riding to work, I feel good when I do it - almost light on my feet and I enjoy my lunch more than usual. Now I have to get better at packing and find out about that new bike...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 pm

    Sat in traffic going to and from work, much prefer cycling. Only 9 days before maternity leave. I can't wait. Luckily Denmark has another bank holiday (Constitution Day) next Thursday.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 pm

    mornings never were your time! Try packing the night before.
    The man with purple hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:54 pm

    Just what I was going to say.
    Put it all together on the kitchen table before you go to bed.
    K, you are not to cycle to work!
    W, could you put your bicycle outside the office with a "For Sale" sign on it?
    Why does this person have purple hands?
    Has he been sitting on them?
    m

    ReplyDelete