Thursday, May 29, 2008

Classifieds

I have mentioned several times that we are selling some crud out of the basement. There are several ways of selling this sort of stuff and some things are easier to get rid of than others.
I have posted the bike bits on eBay which will almost certainly sell, the worst that can happen is that I lose a couple of quid on the postage. The fridge I got rid of over dinner on Sunday which has left the saddle and some bikes.
The saddle is a total mystery to me so MK has to find out what it is worth and then we'll put it in the paper, but the bikes are my domain and so I decided to post them on Den BlÄ Avis (literally the blue paper) which is like exchange and mart.

You can see my adverts here and here

Given that I am familiar with Craig's list and that posting my items on eBay cost a pound or so each I was expecting to pay something around £5 for the dba adverts.

Wrong

One of them cost £15 and the other was over £20 for reasons that I really can't understand. I just hope that they both sell! I don't understand why Craig's list is not more popular here, there is a Copenhagen listing now but as there are 7 bikes listed in total I can't imagine that there is a great chance of selling one of these minority interest items.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:50 pm

    Sound's like Craig is selling himself short.
    Would you like me to put a postcard in the window at Station Stores - 50p for two weeks.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 pm

    You invite people to dinner to sell them your household appliances ?

    ReplyDelete