Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Goodbye

We sadly had to say goodbye to G&J today and I was supposed to collect the splashback on the way home. G did a great job opf painting the inside of these cupboards for us.

Unfortunately the guy had forgotten to make it so that will have to wait another week or so.


In the meantimne we are havin new floors laid tomorow and I have painted the woodwork with the one coat gloss. I will do the second coat in a day or so as it has failed to cover the light grey in one go.
I have bought the paint for the walls and think it will be nice, it is called Java soft and you will be able to see the finished result in a couple of days...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 pm

    Java soft is a soft green that tones well with the blue air in the kitchen.
    It will look very good by the end of the week.
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:10 am

    are they new cupboards or the old ones without doors?
    will it be ready for you to come skiing?
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olf cupboads with new paint. The doors are in the basement. We were planning to get them stripped and then painted professionally, but don't know where to start really. The paint that I put on them last has discoloured, I think it was teak oil coming through so I don't want that to happen again. I may experiment with paint stripped and a good scrub. Any thoughts or suggestions about where I can get doors chemically stripped near Ringsted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:36 pm

    I tried putting strippers and Ringsted into Google but got some very interesting if irrelevant pages. Paint strippers wasn't much better.
    If you want to get the teak oil out I suggest you use one of the proprietary paint strippers of the poultice type where you mix it up to a creamy consistency and leave it on for a while. After that a good quality primer is essential. The paint system will require flatting off between each coat up to the eventual finish coat. GN

    ReplyDelete