Tuesday, July 06, 2010

On again, off again, on again

I have been at the doctors again this morning after a really bad night of back pain. I am now referred to the hospital for an MRI scan which will/should show where the problem is but doesn't actually do anything in terms of fixing it or helping to fix it or change the treatment so I don't really see the point. Anyway, I'll get it done.

The advice from the doctor was to cancel our holiday as there is no way that I can sit in a car for 14-18 hours for the drive and my initial thought was that we would be staying at home. However, I kept coming back to an idea that I had last night about folding 1/3 of the back seat down and lying down in the car with my knees bent upwards. We had a quick test this afternoon and have decided that we'll give it a go.

This is either genius or insanity, but apparently those are close bedfellows anyway. I am also now taking some more hardcore pain killers which seem to be helping somewhat as they are morphine based.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:48 pm

    heard of back seat drivers, ut this is ridiculous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 pm

    Goodluck W. sounds as though you may need it! and be careful not to overdo it- braking etc. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 pm

    A
    Hope you get a good night's sleep.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:10 pm

    Are they the lyrics of the mighty Quo?

    ReplyDelete