Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life's a beach

I had a chat with my boss yesterday about sick leave and vacation time and we agreed that I would take this week as sick leave and then the next 2 weeks as vacation. That means that I don't start work again until 9th August!

To celebrate we took the reclining car seat mobile to the beach for the day. The boys car seats are over to one side and then I have the passenger seat layed completely flat so that I am more or less next to DK in the back seat. This means that there is no problem for me to be in the car for an hour or so. We had a good time at the beach, it was roasting hot and the water wasn't too cold although there was the usual contingent of jelly fish in attendance.

Tomorrow I have a day off as MK and the boys are going to a local amuzement park and I am not. This morning the place was on the travel news because there were 1-2 mile queues to get in. I think I'm glad to be taking a pass on that one...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 pm

    A bit of a problem with you being Laid back/lying down & so forth.
    I look forward to you not having to use this vocabulary.
    A good outcome on the holiday front - we'll see youon the 9th - at least you'll be in CPH, I presume, for a pick up.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 pm

    I don't start work again til 9th August too!! Hooray hooray hooray. KP having her pre-vacances haircut tomorrow, the debate is on about how much of those blonde locks should go. I say one inch, B says at least 3! (fnar fnar). No fringe through, thats the only thing we agree on.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    E

    ReplyDelete