Thursday, July 15, 2010

Odd progress

This is the MRI of my spine. You can see that the discs are pushing on the orange coloured nerves (I added some nice white arrows)

Until yesterday afternoon my back had been getting steadily worse to the extent that I could only stand for about 1 minute by that stage and had only slept for a couple of hours each of the last 2 nights. I could stand up sort of straight but gradually got bent forward until I was doubled up and needed to lye down again.
By the end of my shower I was out of standing time and the act of throwing my towel over the shower curtain rail made something happen in my back.

I have never felt pain like it in my life, it made me scream like a little girl and I collapsed on the bed shaking violently before hobbling to the living room floor again so that I could get my feet up on a chair. Next step was to call the Dr. She told me to take 2 of my powerful pain killers and said  that she would get some morphine ready for MK to fetch from the pharmacy in a few mintes, she also said that so long as I was in control of my bladder and bowels then it was not an emergency and would ease up. She was right.

The double dose of Dolol more or less nocked me out and I didn't need the morphine. This morning it also seems that things are much much better although I still have some pain in my left leg, I can now stand up and move around and life is rosier.

Next step may be another MRI, but we have to contact the back clinic in Køge.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 pm

    More water therapy ? Maybe a bath would cure your leg ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:08 am

    In seems sometimes the best action is to throw in the towel!

    ReplyDelete