Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ready for the operation


Today was the usual pre-op routine: Into the hospital, fill some forms, out again, take the same blood tests again, see a doctor, see an ansesthetist, and flush out DKs bowels. That took the best part of the day and we are now ready for the operation tomorrow having done another bowel flush this evening.

Now it's the real deal and I am terrified.

I don't know what else to write, they're going to take part of his bowel out and we don't really know what the result will be. We hope that it fixes his problems, but our faith in the medical profession is not that great and they're not even making any promises anyway.

I'll try to keep the blog up to date with his progress over the coming days.

I don't do praying, but if you do, then feel free to say one for DK tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:57 pm

    I've said lots already - I'm sure all will go well.
    Thinking & praying for you all.
    m

    ReplyDelete