Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mountain Biking

Last night we had an early barbecue so that I could head out to the forest with my mountain bike. I haven't ridden it much this year for one reason or another and that is a shame because I always enjoy myself up there in the forest. The trail was perfect with a few muddy patches but my riding was pretty poor, I think I am really just out of practice, but I rode like a complete donkey and fell off a couple of times as a result.
Towards the end of the ride, there were a couple of heavy showers so the vast number of exposed roots on the trail got very slippery making progress even more hazardous, but in the end I got in 1½ hours of good riding and I have decided to try and get out there once a week for the rest of the summer.
I am also going to put the roof rack on the car, it is too awkward and dirty putting the bike in the car and that is the second time this week it would have been useful to have it.
Weight this morning: 104,2kg. I am sure I didn't lose a kg yesterday even if I was hungry all day, I think I must be dehydrated.

DK was at the physiotherapist yesterday afternoon, she declared that there was no real reason to keep seeing her as he is doing fine and everything is completely normal. MK will take him a couple more times, but it was good news. Tomorrow he's off to see the ear doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment