Friday, May 15, 2009

The Long March


I don't expect too many people will remember the film with John Cleese called clockwise, but last night I reinacted some parts of it by getting rather lost on my way home from work. He was in a car whistl I was on my bike, but we both ended up going round in circles and in the middle of fields.

I got lost leaving Copenhagen and took a somewhat meandering route to get out of the city. I then had a stroke of luck in meeting up with a guy who was riding home to Køge at a pretty good pace and was happy for me to sit on his wheel. Unfortunately when I turn off that road, I was all alone and not at all sure where to go. I manged reasonably well until near Borup when I took a road that ended up being a dead end after about 5km. Rather than turning back, I decided to find my way through the forst trails and get over or under both the motorway and the rail tracks that were either side of me.

In all honesty, it was a really good fun ride, I enjoyed being in the forest and the odd field never hurt anyone, I would just have liked to get home a little sooner. The good news was that I felt really good even after about 3½ hours of fairly hard riding so I am starting to feel a little more confident about finishing the races in the Alps in the summer


Tomorrow:

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 pm

    Being that close to our place (though you probably didn't realise!) you should have dropped by for a drink and a route plan :-) Have a nice trip to L-land
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 pm

    wAS IT COMFORTABLE ON HIS WHEEL ?
    CAN YOU NOT GET GPS FOR BIKES?
    MUST BE LIKE LIVING IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 pm

    Must be in the genes!
    Enjoy Legoland.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:56 pm

    Commiserations on the Eurovision song contest. Denmark had the best song (written by Ronan Keating) but a strange singer with an equestrian (Where's my horse gone ? )stance and a peculiar lilt.
    As for the U.K, she got it wrong, it wasn't her time. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:47 pm

    Why did RK write a song for Denmark, anyway?
    I hope that your weather was better than ours.
    m

    ReplyDelete