Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer's back

The sun is shining today and it is even getting warm again. The forecast is ok for the next few days so we should get on with enjoying it.

After yesterdays aborted attempt to commute by bike, I managed to get to the office under my own steam this morning. There was a gentle tail wind so I managed to get to work in 1 hour and 20 minutes (about 32kph average) and was safely at my desk by 08:30. I suspect the ride home will be somewhat slower, but it was really nice to be back out on my bike again after the washout ride at the weekend.

The Roskilde Festival is starting up this week and I ride past the site on the way to the office, there are tabard clad people in every gateway and I suspect by the end of the week there will be a general smell of body odour and hash smoke being emitted from the surrounding fields. I hope the weather holds for them after last year which was something of a damp and muddy affair.

Maybe these two were just putting on some secondary entertainment though...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:04 pm

    Well done.
    How's the family?
    m

    ReplyDelete