Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home alone


It is strange that after a few days of being a parent to 2 kids, I now find myself having quite a big break from them both. J has been with his grandparents since the weekend and yesterday afternoon MK and DK headed off to stay with them as well.
That left me on my own to drink tea, watch the Tour de France, ride my bike and eat pizza (in precisely that order)
This evening I am looking forward to a spot of mountain biking possibly followed by more pizza and an early night to prepare for my last day at work before my summer holiday.

I am feeling rather tired and looking forward to a break from the office and to spend some time at home with the family and DIY projects. I am of course also looking forward to spending some time riding my bike although the fun of riding my road bike is, for the time being, reduced a great deal by the awful noise coming from the bottom bracket. I need a new one. However the result of riding a creaky and now aging bike is that I find myself lusting after a new one.

Moots Compact or a Cervelo R3 hmmmmm...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 pm

    Those are perfectly precious shots of little D, he isn't a spitting image of J, he looks different from what I can see. Both your sons seem to have these wide set, saucer shaped eyes, so facinating. D has the sweetest little mouth too, thanks for the photos.

    Hope you all have a great holiday and that little D's treatments go well!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. J looks like MKs family (he has the farmers hands too) D seems to look more like my family and he has long hands and feet like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 am

    Pull yourself together.
    You can manage without the pizza - salad & fruit, then you can cycle less.
    Some good earplugs could solve the noise problem - remember turning on the radio in a noisy old car?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I listen to my ipod. I have cleaned the bike thoroughly last night and it seems to have helped a little. I have also ordered a replacement BB

    ReplyDelete