Monday, July 07, 2008

Another long evening

Yesterday was a carefully choreographed exercise. T&B dropped J off at home and had lunch with me (late enough for me to get a nice ride in the sunshine before they arrived) before going to meet grandson #2 for the first time. J then slept a bit before we went to Roskilde for him to meet his little brother for the first time. That went reasonably well so he and I left the hospital at 6:30 to go to the airport to fetch Grandma at 7. This is where it started to go wrong.

When we got to the airport it said on the screen that the flight was expected at 9:15. J and I the went to get something to eat and down to the marina to have a run around and see the boats. After an hour or so he was tired so we got in the car and I drove around until he fell asleep, then I went back to the airport and parked where I could watch the planes come in, but parking was free.

BHP had registered my number to get updates on the arrival time of the flight, but that wasn't really keeping up to date with reality as the scheduled arrival time came and went again.

To cut a long story short(ish) the plane landed at 10:00 and we were on our way home not too long after, but the upshot was that I was not in bed until 1 and up again at 6 this morning so I am not feeling too fresh.

Grandma gets to meet D for the first time this evening and hopefully he will be home tomorrow. The pediatrician has given him a clean bill of health so we just hope that he gets on with the feeding and we can all relax for a while...

J is having a day at home with Grandma today, it sounds like they are having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:06 pm

    Grandma & J had fun, he is now asleep & I am nearly there.
    It was not my fault that the flight was late, I was not navigating!
    g

    ReplyDelete