Friday, July 25, 2008

Holiday Time!


This is my last day at work for 3 weeks and I really feel like I need the break. I cycled to work this morning into a headwind which was frankly rather hard work, but I still managed the 45km in 1½ hours, not too bad.

Today D is having a heart scan and I think that is the last serious test that we have to worry about for the time being, he is just left with hearing tests and a hip scan next week.


It will be really nice to see everyone together again this evening, I have not seen J since last weekend and I have really missed him. I hope that we can manage to do some fun things during our break, including some trips in the new bike trailer and I would love to take him on a little camping trip to the forest. There are some covered camping platforms scattered around that anyone can use complete with a place for a camp fire. I think J would enjoy a night in a sleeping bag and cooking some sausages on the fire, but as ever with little kids, you never really know...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 pm

    Are you mad ? How long would J stay in a sleeping bag unless you tethered him? You'd spend most of the night searching the forest for him. He'd terrorise the local wildlife; Red Riding Hood's wolf would be handing himself in to the woodcutter and Hansel and Gretchen's witch would be homeless as he finished off the gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 am

    Grettel - Hansel and Grettel!
    I thought it all sounded very fatherly and nice
    WRM in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:32 am

    Grettel - Hansel and Grettel!
    I thought it all sounded very fatherly and nice
    WRM in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:24 pm

    New York, New York!
    Enjoy your holiday - it all sounds fun, especially with T catering.
    I must say that I agree withAJ & would favour a tether around J's ankle before retiring for the night.

    "Gretchen" was a cousin who lived in Solihull. She married a "Bragg", well known local builders who had a lucrative side-line erecting gingerbread houses in Bavaria.
    His Christian name may have been "Hansel". I forget.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 pm

    Hansel & Gretel easy and correct!
    If in doubt simplify.

    ReplyDelete