Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Planning and designing

I have now spent several evenings designing a new kitchen for us and I have to say that it is a pain in the behind (if you want to know more about pains in the behind have a look at my cycling blog). Our kitchen is a slightly odd shape, but I think we have cracked it thanks to Ikea's clever kitchen designing software.

We're going with white (very Scandinavian) with an oak work surface (we wanted walnut, but aren't rich enough, although we may change our minds again on that). We are still to decide on flooring and tiles, oh and the fridge too. Our only real disagreement has been on whether or not we need a new dishwasher so that it is integrated and therefore hidden, I am not bothered, but MK wants it hidden. Guess what, it's going to be hidden.

The plan is to install it in May, but we don't really know yet how much work is involved so it may have to wait until the summer.

Pictures to follow if I can get them out of the Ikea thingy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:12 pm

    I also have the ikea dvd and no progress on the utility room.Having spent the last two weeks quizzing customers in B and Q,with ample time to survey the entire DIY stock, I have come home with a peace lily (some guy on the tv had one a prog recently, 9 light bulbs and some paint. The vagaries of DIY still defy comprehension and measurement. Good Luck. ajen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:14 am

    I decided on the hidden dishwasher long before we considered the kitchen, having been enthralled by one in a very luxurious barn in Oxfordshire.
    Go for it.
    Our kitchen took 5 months, I think.
    G was about!
    Salads, take-aways & washing up in the bath.
    m

    ReplyDelete