Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ox tails


After the slightly disappointing Osso Buco cooking a few weeks ago we spotted ox tail at the supermarket last Friday and I decided to have a go at the recipe I had originally planned to do. I knew that oxtail takes some time to cook, but after 3½ hours in the oven the final result was about 6 lumps of bone with a tasty but permanently attached veneer of meat around them. Back to the drawing board on this one, I don't know if it was over or under cooked.

On the positive side, the sauce was great and was really good with the mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 pm

    I have ordered pork cheeks from the butchers for Saturday.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 am

    I like lambs eyebrows a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 am

    Have you thought of dog's bollocks?

    ReplyDelete