Friday, July 14, 2006

"... and simultaneously they play music"


I really like Germany, I had forgotten what a nice place it is. The other thing that I had forgotten is just how funny the Germans are without being aware of the fact. On Wednesday evening a group of us were taken out the dinner (rather nice suckling pig with bacon dumplings) and a few drinks in the apparently infamous Reeperbahn in Hamburg Towards the end of the evening we were walking along the side of the harbour to one of the beach bars (an artificial beach with a bar), when passing an old warehouse building Gerhard pronounced that "at the weekend you can see thousands of people here drinking beer and simultaneously they play music" Perhaps this loses a little in the re-telling, but I thought it was rather funny.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:43 pm

    and simultaneously your nails grow. I notice this as it becomes even more difficult to type - no qwerty recognition & longish nails. I lose the f & j frequently & could swear that there isn't a j or f on the keyboard. they are there today.
    Glad you enjoyed Germany, or a smidgeon of it.
    I hope that K & J are enjoying the beach. Fantastic weather here, lotus wearing out. Been for a bike ride together today - 10 miles & all uphill! Not going to Fillongly again when it's hot.
    Paula's birthday BBQ yesterday. Ben stayed overnight & we shopped on Sat. I bought A6 or 6A trainers in JL sale (1/2 price & my size!)
    Ben says that it's like running in your slippers. I have rather heavy , hairy old mules so I hope that this will not prove to be totally accurate, but they seemed v comfortable in the shop & are a rather pleasing shade of turquoise.
    About to find a flight for nextweek before I fall asleep again.Love Mum aka GN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:05 pm

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    ReplyDelete