Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Parents evening

Yesterday afternoon was our first parents meeting at J's school and let's just say that we didn't buy cake on the way home.
I was a little irritated to arrive 3 minutes late (having left work very early and getting stuck in traffic) to find that MK and J were almost finished having started early. Why wait for me if they were ready?!
The conclusion was that he needs to stop messing around in the cloakrooms, try to learn to concentrate for longer, stop messing around in the cloakrooms, keep working on his letters and finally, stop messing around in the cloakroom.
I think that was it.
I don't really understand why J was invited, all he took home from it was a stomach full of small biscuits from the bowl on the table and when we asked him at home what had been said, he hadn't really remembered anything at all but he seemed to think that Real Madrid had beaten Barcelona 10-5. At that point MK took out her frustrations on the vacuum cleaner whilst I savagely murdered some root vegetables to make soup.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:41 am

    Perhaps he could take his coat into lessons.
    Sounds like a divertionary tactic to avoid the classroom - a good move if he doesn't like sitting still.
    I'm sure that we've all had settling-in problems, at times.
    I remember B's Bablake parents' evenings - I can smile now....
    m

    ReplyDelete