Thursday, November 03, 2011

Falling off the wagon

There are a few food that I have trouble being around without giving in to their temptations. The list looks something like this:

  1. chocolate biscuits
  2. cakes
  3. Fresh bread
  4. Pastries
  5. Peanut M&Ms
Most of the rest of the banned things I can leave without any real effort. As J insisted that we made a repeat of his football cake for his second birthday party, I decided that I had to make some other cakes for myself to enjoy on my day off. They ended up being fresh raspberry and white chocolate fairy cakes and they were delicious. I ate a couple at the weekend and then put the rest in a tin out of sight. However, after dinner last night, whilst the boys were eating the boring football cake, MK had one of my remaining fairy cakes and I easily gave in to eating the rest of them.
As penitence, I then did an hour of intervals on the trainer and some core exercises so my weight this morning was actually still down on yesterday but it was still bad form to cave in to temptation.

The ultimate result is that I have decided to add a new general rule to my diet: I will now only eat home made cakes and biscuits. Nothing out of a packet - be it a hob nob or any other type of confectionery. I think this may be a bit of a challenge at first, but I think it may turn out to be the best rule I have come up with so far.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:56 pm

    Less damaging than falling off the bike!
    m

    ReplyDelete