Thursday, September 01, 2011

Suits

A couple of weeks ago we had to clear our stuff out of a cupboard in J's room to give him some more space for his own things. Whilst we were in there, I had a quick look at my suit collection  so MK and I decided to sort them out.

I used to wear a suit every day at some point before I moved to DK and then after I moved here I have worn them from time to time, but not regularly in the last 5 or 6 years. This had 2 results on the suits. Firstly, they are between 7 and 14 years old which means that they looked rather dated and in some cases rather worn. The second issue was that I have changed shape quite a lot in that time as a result of firstly no longer swimming and secondly, losing weight.

I tried them all on and oddly enough the one that fitted the best was the dinner jacket followed by the beige corduroy and that was about it. The others all looked much too big and completely out of date. I kept the least bad looking of the work suits for emergencies along with the aforementioned 2 and the rest went to the Red Cross.

Next time I need to wear a suit I'll have to go out and buy one, but given how rare that is these days, I think I'll wait until the need arises otherwise I may find myself in the same position again next time I actually need a suit.

When I do get one, I think it may have to be a Mr Toad...


3 comments:

  1. I love that suit!
    Minus the titfer!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you had the option of a matching ha, it would be foolish to let such an opportunity pass to by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 am

    I think that you would get at least two "ha".
    You'd need to grow the hair for that one.
    m

    ReplyDelete