Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Crackling

I worked from home yesterday as I often do on a Monday and took the opportunity to make roast pork for dinner. I had bought a piece of belly pork at the weekend and after a little research, decided to cook it slowly rather than the more normal Danish faster cooking. In practice that meant that it had 2½ hours compared with 1½ recommended on the packaging.

The results were great, plenty of very crackly crackling and moist fatty meat - perfect for anyone on a diet!

Unfortunately, during the summer, I have had to admit to myself that I can't really eat fatty pork any more, I love ribs boiled and cooked on the barbecue, but they may me feel quite ill and it seems that the same has to be said of fatty belly pork. In the long run, I don't suppose it will do me any harm to limit how much of the stuff that I eat, but it really is a shame to have to give up on something so tastey.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:16 pm

    Pork (always a firm favorite at the weekend) always gives me heartburn, even less fatty loin.
    Go for the veg.
    m

    ReplyDelete