Thursday, September 15, 2011

Light my fire


We had a roaring fire last night to keep us warm and challenge our eyelids to remain open. We managed to watch "Love and other drugs" on Bluray which was a reasonable film and made MK cry quite a lot at the end (it's a romantic drama thing and the girl has Parkinsons disease so it was never going to have a cheerful ending).


I was supposed to be doing a bike race at the weekend, I am now pretty sure that I won't be taking part because I haven't been able to train this week and I didn't really train properly last week either. The cause? well, I have been very busy, but I also seem to have developed piles last weekend and the prospect of sitting on a very hard bicycle seat doesn't seem at all appealing. (Don't worry - I won't post any photographs!) Thankfully things are getting better so I expect to be back on the bike soon enough, but not in any condition to do a 90km ish long race - which in effect means that my 2011 road racing season is over.


Thankfully, the registration for the 2011/2012 Slush Cup mountain bike race series opened last night and I have signed up for 7 mountain bike races over the long, dark, cold and miserable winter in an effort to stay in shape for 2012s road campaign.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:30 am

    That diet has a lot to answer for.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not constipated since you ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 pm

    Oh.
    Why have you got piles then?
    You were the cause of mine.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea, but there wasn't really any straining involved.

    Perhaps we could have this discussion somewhere or somehow else?

    ReplyDelete