Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swiss Balls



Once my back got better last autumn, I started doing Pilates again but quickly found that it was aggravating the disc problem again so I stopped. The physiotherapist told me that I shouldn't be doing any exercises which were based on a sit-up or crunch as it would continue to cause problems. He recommended some Swiss Ball exercises and I have finally started doing them along with some other exercises specifically for cyclists which I have read about along the way.



So far so good, I can feel that there is an improvement in my balance whilst I am doing the exercises and I am hurting a bit less the days after doing them than I did last week. I hope that I can make some difference to my comfort whilst cycling and also help with general core strength and help accelerate my weight loss all at the same time.

Maybe I'm becoming a bit obsessed with this stuff...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 pm

    Swiss balls seem to be bigger than average balls.
    When I looked out the bedroom window this morning on the lawn was a towel, a T-shirt and a pair of underpants, I would have liked to have seen who left them ! aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:13 am

    It wasn't me!
    Are these the big balls that you sit on/roll about on in pregnancy, or smaller ones that you kick?
    You certainly have no eyesight problems if you can read the poster.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 pm

    What a load of balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 pm

    Obsessed? Who's obsessed!

    ReplyDelete