Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pumps

Last week I managed to lose my mini pump whilst I was out riding. I have no idea what happened to it, but I took it out with me when I went out on Tuesday evening and I haven't seen it since. It's pretty important to have a working pump with you when you're out riding, especially when you're on your own so I have just dome a bit of research and ordered one of these. Apparently it is good for 140 psi and given that I ride at 100psi, it should be fine. It has also had lots of good reviews. I particularly like that it has a tube to connect the pump to the valve like pumps when I was a kid, that reduces the risk of braking the valve and should stay put on the valve as it screws on. ( I got the black one)


Whilst I was looking at pumps, it occurred to me that we will not have space to take a full sized floor pump with us to France in our bike bags, but it is important to be able to get our tyres inflated correctly before starting so I decided to get one of these as a travel pump. It has a built in gauge and is rated to 160 psi. It is designed to be a floor pump you can take on a ride with you. It seems a bit bit for that to me, but it should be ideal to take in the car or on planes when I have my bike with me.

1 comment: