Friday, June 24, 2011

Bank Managers and Dinner

We outsourced the kids on Wednesday afternoon so that we could meet with our bank manager who is (inconveniently) located north of Copenhagen. We agreed that we can borrow some money to get the house renovations done and after having been assured that there was nothing to worry about, we headed into Copenhagen for a bit of very light shopping and dinner.

The shopping didn't get beyond Illums Bolighus where I got a shirt in the sale and MK got another Mumin bowl and then we had an excellent meal at CoFoCo (Copenhagen Food Company) the highlight of which (for me at least) was a cheese course with goats cheese with rhubarb, blackberry syrup and home made crisp bread. I can't really believe how much I enjoyed it, but the combination was excellent. The desert was very good too - buttermilk panna cota with strawberries done in 3 different ways (cooked, raw and sorbet)

Now we need to get the builders sorted out so we know who is going to do what and when. I suppose we really need to decide once and for all what we are going to do as well.

I have my first road race of the year on Sunday. I am expecting to get my ass handed to me on a plate, but I need to show up to collect my race license for the Marmotte next weekend and seeing as I'll have to travel to the race site anyway, I may as well race.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 pm

    I didn't realise how trendy I was doing strawberries in 3 different ways last Sunday: ina trifle, ina jelly & in a bowl.
    Do you think I could get a Michelin star?
    I can't quite picture you getting "your ass handed to you on a plate"; I suppose that it's better than it being handed to a complete stranger.
    Hope the race goes well, The shirt looks amazing & the bowl functions.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 am

    |I guess thats a rump steak then!

    ReplyDelete