Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hedging my bets

I seem to have run out of enthusiasm for painting the living room ceiling in the last week so it remains half finished. However, I have managed to get the hedge cut this weekend and to mow the lawn so the garden looks quite neat and there are lots of things growing out there as well. We are getting a bumper crop of strawberries and there are jalapeƱos growing on my chilli plant.

I spent nearly 4 hours cycling with BHP on Saturday, he is in really good shape in time for the Marmotte whilst I was struggling a bit after 2 hard interval sessions last week and a new regime of core and leg strength exercises. I hope they help in the long run because they are killing me at the moment. We went to a house warming party in CPH on Saturday evening without the kids and had a good time with grown up company and to some extent, seeing how the other half lives (a law firm partner and IT director with no kids, houses in Thailand, London and now CPH). Sunday was football and a family swimming trip before a barbecue in the evening.

MK and the boys went to the beach yesterday as it was a public holiday here (the last until Christmas) whilst I worked in the garden.

The plan for the rest of the week is more training and painting the ceiling again on Wednesday before finalising it with stain resistant paint next weekend. Then I can get on with moving the TV to make way for a fireplace.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 pm

    You wouldn't swap them for a house in Thailand, surely?
    You should have gone to the beach & exercised.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exercise in the evening and I think I can decide what to do for myself. I didn't want to go to the beach, it's tedious and you have to eat food with sand in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:51 pm

    We did not have sand in our food as it was raining when we had lunch...
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rest my case your honour

    ReplyDelete