Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Training plans and waterproof jeans

I am preparing for my return to the cycling world, and much like preparing to revise for exams, there is a lot of preparation involved. You can't just get on your bike and go for a ride. Oh no, there is a lot of spreadsheet work to do first, periodisation to to be colour coded and targets to be set before ones cheeks can meet the saddle again. I am currently in the middle of this highly technical and very delicate operation and expect it to be ready to my bum to touch the saddle around the beginning of October.
I'm going with orange shades for the autumn, blue in the winter and green for the spring. I am not sure about the summer yet, but it may be yellow or red.

DK is working from home with me today. He was very tired yesterday and awake a few times during the night with a fever, I decided that he could do with an easy day at home to get some rest and fight off whatever it is that has his imune system working in the evenings.

Finally, I just found out that the water resistant jeans that I have been coveting since last winter are not on sale for half price so I have ordered a pair along with a couple of extra from some nice people in Derbyshire. I suspect I will get some grief for this from the other half.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 pm

    Why not wear a nappy instead...... Loads cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 pm

    You bought WHAT?!
    MK

    ReplyDelete