Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Time ticking by

I had to drive to the middle of Jutland yesterday which meant about 6 hours driving and some sitting in meetings. It was a reasonably uneventful day which is a really good thing because I have avoided sitting down as much as I can during the last couple of months and I was worried that my back would cause me some problems by the time I got home. That didn't happen, it was fine and I am very happy about that. I am somewhat less happy about the prospect of having to make that journey on a regular basis if we win the project we were there to bid for, but I'll have to face that if or when it happens.

In the meantime, MK and I are getting back into the groove of working and parenting so we are obviously looking for new challenges. Moving house is something we are considering, but only up the road if at all. In the meantime, we will carry on working, eating and sleeping like everyone else.

The next big event on the horizon is the arrival of MKs new glasses in the next week or so. Apparently having fixed the short sightedness to some extent, the astigmatism is now sufficiently annoying that MK decided she needed some glasses so we had a thoroughly unpleasant 45 minutes in the opticians choosing some frames on Saturday morning. There are few things that I will not do with the kids again and that is certainly one of them

" yes you do look silly J"
"don't pull the arms like that DK"
"do you really need a poo?"
" put them down! PUT THEM DOWN"
"FOR F"#%S SAKE WILL YOU PLEASE PUT THOSE GLASSES BACK WHERE YOU FOUND THEM!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 pm

    I presume that you had a poo before you left home & stayed quiet & rational throughout.
    Why didn't you take the boys away for a while & just return for the final decision?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:10 pm

    Was that Anglo-saxon or danish "~# etc! Keyboards vary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK had been making a short list for 40 minutes before we arrived. We weren't there for long but it felt like a very very long time.

    ReplyDelete