Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Bed: Night #1

After a couple of hours of fighting with a giant sponge, I managed to get our new bed togehter. We have a big think Tempur mattrass and a TempraKON down topper.


Tempur was developed by NASA and is some sort of multi purpose batter which is delicious as a crispy coating for seafood and vegetables but also makes for an odd mattress. It adapts to your shape and is supposed to offer great support when you are sleeping. The bed felt rather odd, but in a good comfortable way. I think both MK and I will take a bit of time to get used to it, but my first impressions were quite good coupled with "did we really need to spend so much money for something that feels rather a lot like the old bed"


TemprKON is another NASA invention and it is designed to regulate your temperature by storing heat when you are hot and releasing it when you are cold. This seemed to work quite well as I was not too hot during the night and it feels quite pleasantly cool to lie on.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 am

    Had a Tempur for 7 or 8 years & love it.
    It does take a little time to get used to it & body weight to make the "impression"!!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:32 am

    I guess you should feel 'quite good coupled' your words.
    Do take care when turning over - you will find that it can stress your back as you have to climb out of the pit in which the foam lets you sink.
    Can also be a bit hot particularly in summer but all in all great for a good kip -zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 am

    It doesn't feel at all like our old bed, in fact it feels rather hard and not very cosy, but I think I'll sleep well in it when I have adjusted.
    MK

    ReplyDelete