Monday, August 23, 2010

Confession time

I have a personal rule that I have to get approval from the boss at home before spending more than £100 on anything. She hasn't invented it, it is my own rule and generally stick to it except when shopping in the supermarket. In general, I actually ask before buying most things other than food or petrol because we only have one bank account and it is fair that I ask.

I suppose MK will read this at some point and then I will be in trouble.

I got a mail from some nice people in Leeds who have an outdoor shop on Friday. They are having a sale and wanted me to know about their great offers. Last winter was horridly cold and long here and after some searching and searching, I never really found a winter coat that was just what I wanted. I got an odd fitting Patagonia jacket in an odd colour off eBay.


I also bought a duffel coat from the Ringsted outlets which isn't wearing too well either. What I really wanted was something like this.


The problem at that point in time was that there were no winter coats on sale and the really nice ones were really expensive. But guess what? They're on sale now and there was only one left in my size and, well, the problem with Internet shopping is that sometimes you sort of accidentally buy things whilst you are just thinking about buying them and before you realise what's happening, it's being shipped to you. I suppose I'll have to confess at some point and get it over with.

In the meantime, I am seriously considering selling about half of my watch collection in order to fund the purchase of one of these. It's just soooo nice.


Maybe that is enough materialism for today. We had a lovely relaxing weekend and DK was much less unhappy at being left at nursery this morning so I am hopeful that he will be quite settled by the end of the week.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 pm

    Perhpas you could sell all the watches and just give the proceeds to MK. What a great idea, I'm going to suggest B does the same (though i suspect i won't make as much out of this as MK!)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, somehow MK gets everything she wants. (That is mostly becuase she doesn't want much :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 pm

    I don't want much either. Only a kitchen extension, and new kitchen to go with it. !
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:36 am

    I get lots of internet offers for extensions - don't need one though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:37 am

    Perhaps that's not what you were hoping for!!

    ReplyDelete