Thursday, August 26, 2010

Act of Dog

Yesterday was not a good car day. As I was driving to Copenhagen in the morning, on my way to Sweden, there was a terrible banging noise form the front wheel when breaking and turning at the same time. It was bad enough that I stopped at the motorway services to check that the wheel was not coming off.

I couldn't see anything wrong so I carried on. A quick call to Ben confirmed that there was indeed a problem and it may or may not be a big one. That was a relief!

I picked up my colleagues and we made it safely to Sweden and the day was going well until I was told at lunchtime that a tree had fallen over int he car park and landed on the car. It initially seemed like just a few marks and scratches, but it turns out that the rear wiper is now limp and worst of all, the boot (trunk) won't open.

Bollocks

I can't wait to find out how much fun it will be getting the Swedish hotel insurance to pay out, despite their assurance that they will.

The hotel manager has some pictures he will mail to me later that I will post when I can.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 am

    Breaking whilst braking - novel.
    TT re Tree
    Assurance re insurance helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 pm

    Is the Aygo the car in question? The reverberations from a tree falling on the back would affect anything, including the brakes, and any other defects.
    My present has now been delivered and is sufficient to keep me inebriated for a long,long time ,Thanks aj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 pm

    There always has to be an upside - can you claim that the tree caused the front wheel problem by unbalancing the car.
    Nevertheless, I think that I may have been reduced to tears at that point.
    Was yours the only car affected?
    Next week must be better.
    How's MK's job/Dk's schooling going?
    m

    ReplyDelete