Monday, August 09, 2010

Back at last

After about 5 weeks away from work, I am back again today and it is like a new school term. I didn't have a new bag or pencil case, but it is the first time I have worn long trousers in several weeks and I have a few jobs to sort out.

Last night MK and I completed the kitchen project (the only remaining job is to screw the counter top in place) and it looks great. I can't believe that we didn't change the units when I did the initial renovation nearly 3 years ago and I can't believe that we didn't put in a fully fitted kitchen from the start. Anyway, the floor went down, the units are in place and all we need to do now is figure out where everything should go.

Mum and Jen are arriving this afternoon for a week long visit and DK is starting he week of settling into nursery before MK returns to work next week so it is all go in our house. I will post some pictures of the kitchen later in the week when I get around to it.

My back is pretty good now, I am still doing a lot of exercises and I will go back to the physio soon to get some more exercises to do to help strengthen my back and hopefully prevent a recurrence. The drive to work this morning felt long and uncomfortable and I can imagine that I will have to stop and stretch on the way if there is traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment