Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Tail winds, head winds and no wind(ows) at all

I am in Belgium for a couple of days and it looks like the weather is nice. Unfortunately I am stuck in a meeting room with no windows so I don't really know at the moment.

Yesterday was a busy day. I managed to motivate myself to cycle to work and back for the first time since December. Getting there was fine, I had a tail wind and it was nice to be out in the fresh air. The journey home was another story, having ridden 45km in the morning meant that my legs were not fresh and the kind tail wind had of course become a fierce head wind. At times I wasn't even sure if I would make it, but eventually I got home after 2 hours of struggling. I guess the only way it will get easier is if I do it more often. Given that I resigned from my job yesterday, I suspect that I will be able to find the time a little more easily for the next month at least...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:19 am

    At least your mother didn't phone just after you'd gone to bed.
    m

    ReplyDelete