Thursday, April 16, 2009

New front mech


When I was cleaning my rather special new bike at the weekend I found the reason for the poor shifting on the front chainrings. The titanium cage had a broken weld. Bummer

This evening I took the bike into Fabin where I bought it and they replaced the front mech without any trouble and were very nice about it too. It is very thoughtful of them not to make me feel like a fat bloke with more money than sense and he even weighed my bike for me...

6.9kg or 15.2 lb !

He even told me that most riders in a pro peleton would be envious of my bike. That made me really happy, but now I just have to ride it more.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 pm

    All the gear... oversized rear!!

    CEng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48 pm

    Is there a clever word to rhyme with tum?
    (apart from mum)
    m
    More fun with a smaller.....

    ReplyDelete