Monday, January 28, 2013

Wow

That was quite a weekend.

We visited friends on Friday and got home at about 01:00 and hit the sack. I got up again at 05:00 after a cramp interrupted nights sleep and left the house with an odd bag of coffee, figs, cash and passport.

I drove to Rotterdam at 14:30 having only had 3 brief stops for fuel and bladder emptying en route. The boat was fine, the mast not so good,  but after a bit of haggling, we hitched it up to the trailer and I set off home again at 16:30.

The drive home was pretty unpleasant. I was very very bored, getting increasingly uncomfortable and it snowed or rained all the way. I stopped for a salad in Germany and a bit of a nap just before the Danish boarder and a few more coffee/pee breaks along the way so I didn't get home until 04:00 in the morning.

That was a total of about 18 hours of driving time out of 23 hours away from the house!

I slept until 11:00 and then got up and painted the bathroom and installed a new shower. I am truly some sort of superman and really rather tired.

1 comment: