Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year

I've been off line for most of the Christmas period and it's been good for me. I spend far too much of my life in front of a computer screen and it doesn't do anyone any good.

My December resolution to work standing up whenever possible has been going well and the scales told me this morning that I must have been eating reasonably well over Christmas as I haven't gained any weight despite eating rather more marzipan than I ought to have done along with a pig out on Christmas puddings and a few other treats.

We had a fantastically relaxing New Years Eve at the beach with good food, a bottle of champagne and some fireworks. DK was frightened of the fireworks and seemed intent on trying to set fire to the rest of use with his sparklers but otherwise it was nice couple of days in front of the fire and coping with the freezing cold winds coming off the sea.

We are now busy looking forward to painting the inside of the house, skiing, planning a summer holiday and maybe a bit of sailing thrown in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment