Friday, October 21, 2011

Diet days off and a slush cup in the sunshine

Normally I pig out on a Saturday as my day off the diet. This weekend I will not indulge as much as usual in an effort to control the one day a week weight gain and to see what happens generally. I usually feel pretty bloated and crappy by the end of a day of chocolate and cake eating . We are going to friends for dinner in the evening so I will eat whatever we are given there, but otherwise, my day will just be normal eating.

Sunday is the first Slush Cup of the season and will also be the first time I have ridden a mountain bike since riding in a 12 hour race in May. As it is a race against the clock, there is less pressure to make a crazy fast start so I hope my rusty handling won't be a problem, much as I also hope that the latex in my tyres is 4 months won't leave them deflated either. The weather forecast for the whole weekend is really good so it should be a good race and I hope that we can all get to do some nice stuff outside together as well.

Race report on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:32 pm

    Sounds a healthy Saturday - hopr the race goes well.
    Thanks for the hospitality - lovely to see you all.
    m

    ReplyDelete