Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Zermatt


As I mentioned yesterday, we had a great time in Zermatt. I also wanted to let you all know that we had some great skiing too. Once we had figured out that the piste maps were unclear and the signage unreliable, we just used common sense, memory and gravity to dictate where we went.
The first couple of days MK had some serious problems with squashed toes. We have no idea why her boots were suddenly too small, but some skilled guys in the boot fitting shop heated and stretched the outer shells and made them fit her again. A good result especially as they didn't charge for doing it.
My new skis were excellent, I can now telemark reasonably gracefully down red pistes without undue fear of death and was even able to link together several turns without having to stop and catch my breath.

MK and I decided that we liked the place and are considering it as a summer holiday destination for some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment