Friday, February 04, 2011

Film Reviews

Fantastic Mr Fox


This is an animated (stop motion rather than cartoon) version of the Roald Dahl childrens book made by Wes Anderson with George Clooney as the voice of Mr Fox. Whilst I think it was marketed as a childrens film, I don't really think it was a childrens film as the script was somewhat grown up with jokes about existenctialism amongst other things. I absoluetly loved it, it was fast paced and witty with great animation which was somehow reminiscent of Wallace and Gromit whilst having a really unique style. If you have the chance then I would really recommend seeing it.


Our other film of the week was The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Will Smith's son Jaden. My expectations were not high, but both MK and I enjoyed it and I don't regret having watched it unlike some of our more recent films from lovefilm. Last week we had I Love You Man with Jim Carey and we gave up after about half an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 pm

    Waiting to see "The King's Speech", with aj next week.
    The Black Swan" is also rated highly, but not "Brighton Rock". Shame as I fancied that one.
    Shall I bring my "Miss Marples"?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 pm

    The Kings Soeech is the one to watch. Brilliant.
    E
    PS The Brutal Art (Jesse Kellerman) a very good read.

    ReplyDelete