Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ken Follet

Shortly after Christmas I stayed up rather late for 4 consecutive nights to watch the Pillars of the Earth on TV. I quite enjoyed it and have subsequently considered reading Ken Follett' follow on book "World without end". I haven't made much progress on that as I don't have a copy and I have been finishing Saturday by Ian McEwan in the meantime.



At the supermarket on Saturday there was a book sale and I picked up another Ken Follett called Nulkoden. As you can maybe guess from the title, it is in Danish and I can see that progress will be slow. However, I have made a start and I am now a whopping 4 pages into it. My aim for our skiing holiday is to finish it. (Also to ski and drink irish coffee in that order)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 pm

    Will look out for Ken Follett in the charity shops for you. His books often appear, whereas you never see a Martin Amis, he's so unreadable that no-one ever finishes a book so they keep them on their own bookshelves in the hope they may achieve it one day, and visitors might think they are intellectuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 pm

    The Danish may be easier after the Irish coffee.
    I suppose that progress is amazingly slow if you don't have the book.
    How do you read a book that you don't have?
    m

    ReplyDelete