Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Biker

A couple of weeks ago J declared that he wanted a leather wastecoat. Apparently he has seen someone who was a rock star wearing one on Bølle Bob (I don't know either!) and this makes them the epitomy of cool. This disturbed me more than a little because it immediately cunjoured up an image rather like this:

But not wanting to ignore his request I did a bit of online searching and found one for sale on eBay that looked OK. It's a Harley Davidson Kids waistcoat which was brand new and I guess probably cost someone a lot of money at some point, but I got it shipped to Denmark for £11 so I was happy. The greatest relief is that he absolutely loves it, it fits and doesn't look that bad.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 pm

    It will wear well & spills will just wipe off.
    I don't know why you don't dress the children entirely in leather.
    This garment is a WAISTCOAT, because it fits into the WAIST rather than a WASTECOAT because of the expense.
    Perhaps DK or even MK can find a "want" to cap it.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that was more or less a typo. I know how to spell waistcoat really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:25 am

    no you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:26 am

    When is he getting the ZZtop tash and tats?

    ReplyDelete