Monday, February 02, 2009

Unpuncturable tyres


I rode my bike on Saturday for the first time in over a week and I am still not really fully recovered from my colds. I was short of breath and really SLOW.

Of course when I got home, one of my tyres was deflating so now I have a dirty bike with a flat tyre waiting for my attention.

On Sunday I rode for half an hour on the trainer without a flat tyre which was a pleasant change and during that brief period of exertion I decided that I will minimise my outside riding for at least another month. In the meantime, I am going to invest in some Continental touring tyres that come with a one year - no puncture guarantee. According to my calculations, they will pay for themselves in 16 rides on the grounds that I get at least 1 flat per ride and I pay 25kr (£2.50 ish) per inner tube.

One ride without a puncture is enough to justify it to be honest seeing as I have only ridden outside once without a flat so far this year. (I think I have had 7 flats in January)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 pm

    What ever happened to the puncture proof liners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 pm

    Children's bikes used to come with solid rubber tyres that didn't puncture.Perhaps they are made for big bikes too. Maybe if you can come up with an un -punctureable tyre, by this time next year you'll be a .....millionaire
    Happy Groundhog Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:53 pm

    Beating G so far then.
    Much too cold for the streets, especially today.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Cheap Tyres And Wheels

    ReplyDelete