Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Monte Zoncolan

Today is one of the toughest of this years Tour of Italy (Giro d'Italia to those in the know) including the legendary Monte Zoncolan. The climb is just under 11km long with an altitude gain of about 1300m giving an average gradient of over 11% with some sections over 20%. That is very steep. I have ridden up steep mountains, but I think this is probably tougher than any I have ridden including Ventoux and Alpe d'Huez.

Good luck guys, this is going to be fun to watch and painful to do, I suspect that Diluca, the leader of the race at the moment is going to have a tough afternoon.
Here is the Google Earth view of the mountain:


I hope this isn't too boring for my "regular" readers , but look at it has broadening your horizons. It'll be back to grandchildren soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment