Thursday, October 04, 2012

Sick kids

Thanks for the birthday presents everyone. I am hoping to give the sailing gloves a test this weekend if the weather is OK and I am not ill.

DK has been home from nursery for 3 days now with a fever and a river of yellow snot running from his red and sore nose. He has been with T&B for a couple of days and even overnight on Tuesday but he is home with him mum today.

Unfortunately I feel rather as though I am getting the same thing this afternoon so I am nto too optimistic about heading out to see over the weekend in my little boat unless the sea and wind are fairly calm and I am feeling healthy. You develop another attitude to the water when there are waves and no rescue boat.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:31 pm

    You can't be optimistic with a snotty nose - hope you all avoid it - DK has the smallest nose, so least snot.
    What a vile word.
    Did I let you use it when you were little?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 pm

    Of course snot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 pm

    I agree about being careful when sailing at this time if year. I remember a particularly 'difficult' occasion in my Streaker just off shore in S.West. Scared the **** out of me and thankfully was towed in by a passing cruiser when late in the day a change meant wind against tide and a very wet boat = no progress and darkness well on it's way. Best avoided!! GBN

    ReplyDelete