Friday, June 22, 2012

Gone

I spent 2½ hours last night moving the 40 packets of insulation up into the loft as the forecast was for rain all day today. So far the forecast has been spot on as it has been raining since we woke up.

It was harder work than I had anticipated, but I got it done and stashed ready to be laid at some point before the winter. It was really warm up there as the sun had (amazingly) been shining all day so I have decided to wait until some wetter and cooler weather before I set about the rest of the job.

The walkway is the floorboards that are laid over the centre section of the loft so that you can walk around. They actually cover more than I had remembered so I may have to consider how to deal with the problem a bit more than I originally intended. I'm still not sure of the solution.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 am

    aj & I will do it when we come over - we're both dieting, so shouldn't get stuck in the hatch - pictures of pooh Bear, stuck in Roo's doorway until he had lost enough weight to be pulled out.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 pm

    Put the stuff down everywhere - over the walkway too - you never go up there anyway.
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need access to the chimney hatch, but most of the rest of it i plan to just cover up

    ReplyDelete