Friday, April 01, 2011

Tour of Flanders

This weekend is the first of the BIG Belgian bike races of the year - the Tour of Flanders. I rode it a few years ago the day before the pros did and it is a damned hard ride of 270km (168 miles) with a 18 short, very steep and mostly cobbled climbs.

I have been saving the ironing for a week so that I have an excuse to be parked in front of the TV on Sunday afternoon whilst the race is happening.

I am also expecting to get some good riding in myself this weekend with warm temperatures promised for Saturday, even though it also seems that there is a good chance of some rain at some point.

Happy Birthday George wherever you may be!

3 comments:

  1. Is it his birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 am

    Are the family joining you in these activities?
    Happy Mothering Sunday MK.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 pm

    Up Annapurna! Trekking To Base camp 4170 metres.
    G

    ReplyDelete