Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Minehead

We had a fantastic time in Minehead last week with the family. Thanks again for arranging everything and hasving everything so well planned as ever with the food and entertainment.
The Danish branch of the family flew to Gatwick on Saturday, picked up a hire car and drove the 3½ hours to Minehead. It was a long journey - about 10 hours in total, but the kids were great and it went smoothly.
The house was ready for us and we basically spent the week pottering back and forth to the beach in Minehead, taking the train to the beach at Blue Anchor and the open top bus through Porlock to Lynton and Lynmouth. These places don't seem to change much over the years, but it was nice to see the kids enjoying them for the first time.


I always like the water powered fenicular cliff railway between Lyton and Lynmouth. DK liked the steam train and J was taken with kitkats and ham sandwiches on the beach.


The cream teas were also fantastic, but had an unfortunate (and predictable) affect on the diet. I am half way back to where I started a month ago, but after a couple of good days and bike riding over the weekend, I am confident of getting back on track soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 pm

    Brilliant photos.
    I didn't take a camera!
    Thanks for coming & making it so good.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, they are google shots. The tide was out in Lynmouth, we didn't get willow pattern plates and it wasn't hazy in Minehead.

    I do have a couple of pictures on my phone I'll post at some point.

    ReplyDelete