Thursday, April 07, 2011

Holy Visitors

I am working from home today because J is performing in the nursery performance of the Tin Soldier this afternoon so there was no point driving to CPH.

There was a knock at the door a few minutes ago and rather than seeing the usual delivery man, there were 2 middle aged ladies holding a leaflet about Jesus. Uh oh I thought but then I pulled the ace out of my sleeve and spoke to them in English explaining that I couldn't understand any Danish.

It worked, they left straight away and didn't even give me one of their leaflets to throw away. Success.

If you have similar visitors in the US or UK, may I suggest suggest speaking to them in Danish to see if it has the same result.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 pm

    Always works on me - someone answers the door & speaks gibberish, & I'm off.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 pm

    Lurpak, lurpak, bacon and carlsberg.

    ReplyDelete