Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kartoffelkur (Potato Diet)

Since Christmas we have decided to metaphorically tighten our belts a little (oddly enough mine had literally tightened itself during Christmas anyway) in order to prepare ourselves for a potential house move.


Having sifted through our bank statements for the last half year, we could see where we spend our money and I was pleasantly surprised that I don't actually waste as much of it as I thought, but we do get through a lot of stuff. As a result we decided to cancel the expensive vegetable deliveries and get rid of the cleaner (although MK can't bring herself to do that for some reason!)

Another concession has been to start shopping in Netto for what we can and then going to the other "normal" third world supermarket for the things we can't get in Netto.

The most boring part of it though is that I know that I can't buy anything frivolous even though the sales are on and I have developed a longing for a new work bag. The ones(s) that I have are all somewhat un-grown-up and I have decided that I should have a more grown up bag now that I am out seeing more customers.

This is the one that I really want if anyone is interested:

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 pm

    The cleaner should be the last thing to go - it will sort itself when you move anyway.
    I think that MK should give you weekly pocket money & you negotiate for extras.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 pm

    That is exactly what happens but I don't get the pocket money. I negotiate for everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:49 pm

    For heavens sake don't let the cleaning disappear. It is now you have a very buzy life, and now the boys need your more than cleaning.
    t

    ReplyDelete