Monday, January 24, 2011

Ear Ache

It's been a nice relaxing weekend.

We had friends visiting us for dinner on Saturday evening but otherwise little planned. I went for a very cold and alarmingly slippery bike ride on Saturday morning. The studded tyres helped a lot, but eventually I had to abandon the smaller country roads in favour of the safer main roads. I managed 2 hours of riding and it did me good to blow out some more cobwebs. The training regime is sticking and I have managed to ride on 8 of the last 10 days.

The guests didn't manage to leave on saturday night. Their car was making "funnyt noises" and my reasurances that it was just a small hole in the exhaust pipe wasn't enough so all 4 of them slept in our living room and called a tow truck on Sunday morning. To my smug satisfaction, the guy toild them that it was a small hole in the exhaust and that they were perfectly safe to drive home.

J had a bad night on Saturday complaining of ear ache. That went away to some extent on Sunday morning when his ear drum burst and releaved the pressure. He is home today with MK after a trip to the doctors but seems to be well on the way to recovery after a day on the sofa with a fever.

This was the outfit for the gala party at the nursery last week. Apparently he attracted a lot of female attention with the pink/purple tie. It's odd that it never worked that well when I wore it...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:30 pm

    Go on I bet that mm wAs attracted by it
    GlAd j is ok
    This is bs phone
    Wow

    M

    ReplyDelete